52 Westmoreland Place, St Louis
In "the Cornell Reading Courses" Martha Van Rensselaer once wrote that "The first law of good taste is simplicity". Whether as a matter of design or a daily lifestyle, 52 Westmoreland Place embodies this philosophy. Beginning with a complete renovation by St. Louis architectural firm Maritz and Young in the 1930s, this home has been meticulously maintained and upgraded throughout the decades including some more recent changes made by a prominent St. Louis mayoral family. Often times, ownership of a historic home can be a labor of love but here, everything has been taken care of so you can relax and enjoy the neighborhood! A stroll in the beautiful median will lead you to Forest Park or to the Central West End. Pick up groceries at Straub's, have dinner and a movie at the Chase Park Plaza hotel or enjoy the many fine boutiques. The sellers of this special home said "Whoever buys the home will hopefully continue the tradition of love and joy felt in this house for 100 years".
- MLS® #20024069
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage5,059
- Year Built1906
- Basement TypeBathroom in LL,Full,Daylight/Lookout Windows,Partially Finished,Rec/Family Area,Stone/Rock,Walk-Up Access
- AmenitiesSpa/Hot Tub,Underground Utilities
- # of Garages2
- GaragesAdditional Parking,Carriage House w/Apt,Garage Door Opener,Off Street,Oversized
- Lot DescriptionFencing,Level Lot,Park View,Sidewalks,Streetlights,Wood Fence
- Date ListedApril 16th, 2020
- Days on Market45
- HOA Fees3703
- HOA Fees Freq.Annually
- Address52 Westmoreland Place
- AreaCentral West
- SubdivisionForest Park Add
- CitySt Louis
- CountySt Louis City
- Zip Code63108
- Interior FeaturesBookcases,Cathedral Ceiling(s),Center Hall Plan,Historic/Period Mlwk,Window Treatments,High Ceilings,Walk-in Closet(s),Some Wood Floors
- AppliancesDishwasher,Disposal,Microwave,Range,Gas Oven,Refrigerator,Stainless Steel Appliance(s),Trash Compactor
- HeatingForced Air
- CoolingWall/Window Unit(s),Other,Electric
- Has BasementYes
- BasementBathroom in LL,Full,Daylight/Lookout Windows,Partially Finished,Rec/Family Area,Stone/Rock,Walk-Up Access
- # of Fireplaces3
- DistrictSt. Louis City
- ElementaryFord-Ford Br. Elem. Comm. Ed.
- MiddleLangston Middle
- HighSumner High
- Listing OfficeGladys Manion, Inc.
Information from Third Parties, Deemed Reliable but Not Verified.
Listings displaying the MARIS logo are courtesy of Mid America Regional Information Systems Internet Data Exchange.